Putting your house on the market? Want to ensure you will have the best opportunity for success? Here are five tips that will help position your home for a quick and favourably priced sale.
- Make the best use of the first 30 days
Your best buyers will come along in the first 30 days. Once the initial curiosity and excitement about your property is over, you can never get it back. It is a trap to think “its only early days”. The early days are the best days, when you should expect the most action! Be prepared and make the best use of these first 30 days.
- Price your house correctly
Price is everything. If your price it too high all you do is make all the other homes on the market look like bargains! Pricing the home too high drives the buyers into other properties.
- Adapt early
If you are not getting good interest in the first two weeks, it is probably time to adjust the price down.
- Present your home like you don’t live there
Get some expert advice on presenting your home. Buyers are looking for a home they can instantly connect with and feel like they want to live there. Owners often think that all they need to do is clean the home, when that is only part of it. Equally important is the flow and feel of the home. A good stylist can help make a powerful first impression with your home, and can offer cost effective ideas on raising the appeal of your home.
- Have a strategy for marketing your home
Many owners want to throw some photos on the internet. This is not a strategy; this is just one part of what is available. If you want the best buyer and the best price, you must cover all your bases and have a complete marketing strategy. You only get one chance to market your property correctly, so you want to include:
- Professional photography
- Online marketing
- Database marketing
- Brochures, newsletters and signage
- Open homes
- Print advertising
- Why you should know the value of your home.
- Using an agent vs selling your property yourself.
- How to find a good real estate agent.
- Expect your agent to ask these questions.
- Advantage of Exclusive Listing.
- Auction vs Private Treaty.
- Increase your property’s value on a shoestring.
- 5 Tips when selling.
- 4 Steps to properly price your property.
- Be prepared for “Why are you selling?”.
- Why aren’t you getting offers.
- When should I consider dropping the price.
- 5 Considerations before downsizing.
- Preparing your home for professional photography.
- Marketing Essentials for Selling your home.
- 13 items home inspections should cover.